Having trouble with the Discord Widget? Click here to join our server.
Welcome to SFC Live, our live gaming show, that airs on Saturday nights from 7PM to 9PM Eastern.
Details are listed below.
Our next SFC Live will be airing on March 3rd from 7PM to 9PM Eastern.
Here's what's going on:
Looking for our past streams? Click here for the full playlist.
Stream Schedule & Polls
February 17th and 24th: NO SFC Live (due to health issues)
For polls, please visit The SFC Blog.
Like most Discord servers, it needs to have rules. These rules and regulations are important to keeping our Discord servers healthy and drama-free. Please read and -agree to them first before chatting in any of our chatrooms. Failing to abide by these rules will result in either getting muted, kicked, or banned from the server.
SFC Live Discord chatroom rules:
1. Please do not use any form of vulgar language. We want to keep the chatroom as clean as possible (keep it PG-rated). If you do use vulgar language (even if it's slightly censored), your message that contains it will instantly get removed by either the bot or the moderators.
2. Please do not flood. This means don't repeatedly send the same message over and over again, or sending too many messages in a short amount of time. If you do flood the chat, the flooded messages will get removed by either the bot or the moderators.
3. Please do not spam. That means don't send links that contain spam, scams, or inappropriate/mature/explicit content. If you have any links that you want to share in any of our main chatrooms, you are allowed to do so, just make sure to keep it clean. If you do spam, your message that contains it will get removed by the moderators.
4. Please do not harass or cyberbully. We welcome new viewers to the show, regardless of their gender, age, race, etc. Please respect the other viewers, and don't give them a hard time. If you do harass or cyberbully, you will receive a warning from the moderators.
5. Please use an appropriate username before you join the server. If you use one or more inappropriate word(s) in your username, you will get immediately kicked off the server by the moderators.
6. Please do not use multiple accounts or usernames. This is to avoid confusion. Any multiple accounts owned by that one user or any users with the same or similar username to the other will get immediately kicked off the server by the moderators.
7. Please do not roleplay on this server. This is to avoid flooding the chatrooms. Any messages that have roleplaying involved will get removed by the moderators. If you want to roleplay, please join our Technology Showdown Fan Club server, which you can go to here.
8. Please do not use biased statements. You can still share your own opinion, but don't make it seem like fact. Be respectful towards someone else's own opinion as well; do not try to discriminate against someone else's opinion. It's their own opinion; no one has the legal right to change it.
9. If you have any questions you would like to ask us, feel free to do so! Don't ask any questions that are too personal though (asking about a person's favorite color does not count).
10. Be courteous! That means be respectful; don't discriminate against someone else, and please don't kick up a fuss in the chatrooms. Also, try not to go into politics or any other sensitive subjects, as that might rile people up and cause a flame war, which we don't want. Finally, please make sure to keep this in mind: professionalism. Remember who you are representing. Everything you say or do will be seen by every viewer, and it is recorded. Make a good reputation for yourself, and for our viewers.
If you agree to these terms and conditions (and if you weren't previous banned), type in -agree in the #rules channel to continue.
For those who don't know, Garry's Mod is a 3D sandbox game based on Valve's Source engine, and you can do many things with it. Recently, we have begun hosting Garry's Mod Deathmatches on our dedicated server, hosted by none other than the main host of our live shows. This section of the SFC Live page will show you how to connect to our server and other notes that you may want to pay attention to.
How to Connect to our Server:
1. You will need Garry's Mod, which you can buy on Steam here.
2. You will need to subscribe to our Gmod Deathmatch Content Collection, in order to download the necessary Workshop content needed for our servers, to make connection to the server much faster. You can check it out here.
3. You will need to open up Garry's Mod from your Steam Library.
4. When we tell you to begin connecting to our servers (and once the host is connected), please go to TheRealSFC's Steam Profile and click "Join Game". This will immediately launch Garry's Mod (if you haven't yet) and connect you to our Gmod server; no need to type in an IP address.
Notes about our Gmod Servers:
- Like most Gmod servers, there are rules. You will need to follow these rules:
1. Please do NOT spawn any form of item, as that causes lag and annoyance to others.
2. Please do NOT use the physics and/or tool gun.
3. Please do NOT use cheats of any kind (such as God mode and no-clip).
4. The Gravity Gun is allowed.
5. Combine Balls are allowed, but with limitations. Some maps we will allow them in certain areas, while some maps we will ban the use of Combine Balls.
6. Impulse 101 is allowed for unlimited ammo (the default key is usually the P key).
7. If you using the Gmod server chat, please keep 'em clean and free from any vulgar language and spam.
- Occasionally, we'll jump onto an Extended Movement Mod (EMM) server (learn more here), if for some reason we can't host our server for explained reasons.
- Our Deathmatches usually last up to 15 minutes, and up to 16 players can join our dedicated server.
SFC Live Trivia
SFC Live Trivia Champions:
SFC Live Trivia is our live trivia game that we host on our live shows. The game was heavily inspired by CC Trivia, a live trivia show hosted by the Computer Clan back in the good ol' days of their live shows. SFC Live Trivia is similar to CC Trivia in several ways, including how the points are counted, however there are a couple of differences:
- SFC Live Trivia is powered by a web browser, which means it can be played on ANY platform, including Linux.
- There are three categories of questions: Tech, Gaming, and Entertainment & Other. Each category will be randomized for each question.
- There are 4 types of questions: Type in the Answer, Multiple Choice, Fill in the Blanks, and True or False.
If you are new to our live trivia game, select "How to Play".
Game 2 Leaderboard (FINAL)
Game 2 Leaderboard:
Here are the final leaderboard results for Game 2 (as of January 27th, 2017):
1st - ReasonablySelenium: 46
2nd - EGStein: 22
3rd - EDJRMorpheus95: 18
4th - 1033Forest: 14
5th - feandesign, Lemon: 13
6th - superstar64: 11
7th - TheCodingGuy: 8
8th - Moppins, Iffy Weed, Joel's Lets Playz: 5
9th - StevenJam, TheROFL98, PajamaFrix, kidboo377, BritTheUmbreon: 4
10th - Lunala, AstroPoug: 3
11th - DJ Lisi: 2
12th - Voxility, winjanus98: 1
Congratulations to ReasonablySelenium, the champion of SFC Live Trivia Game 2! He will receive the grand prize of $20 worth of Steam credit.
Game 1 Leaderboard (FINAL)
Game 1 Leaderboard (FINAL):
Here are the final leaderboard results for Game 1 (as of October 27th, 2017):
1st - artur15141: 31
2nd - Topitoomay: 26
3rd - Lunala: 19
4th - EGStein: 14
5th - Lemon: 11
6th - StevenJam, feandesign: 10
7th - kidboo377, DJLisi: 7
8th - Dottanarus, up4014steamtrainfan: 5
9th - moppins: 4
10th - Shipster1916, MexicoRailfan, ReasonablySelenium: 3
11th - EDJRMorpheus95: 2
12th - TonyTainMent, Kysterable: 1
Congratulations to Artur15141, the champion of SFC Live Trivia Game 1! He will receive the grand prize of $20 worth of Steam credit.
How To Play
Like we've said before, SFC Live Trivia's rules are similar to CC Trivia's rules. However, we've added a couple of new gameplay mechanics to make it a greater experience.
How to Enter:
To play the game, you MUST be logged into the Discord chatroom with a valid username. Players cannot use multiple usernames to compete. If you would like to enter, navigate to the SFC Live Trivia channel (#sfc-live-trivia), then type in the phrase "I'm in" there, when the host tells you to do so. Up to 16 players can participate in one round.
How To Play:
Seven questions are delivered each game. For each question, there will be one of four categories picked (Tech, Gaming, Entertainment, and Everything Trains), and there are 3 types of questions:
Type in the Answer: It's as basic as you can get: Type in the answer to the question.
Multiple Choice: A question with 3 choices. You can either type in the choice letter or the answer if you want to.
Fill in the Blank: Not really a question, but filling in what's missing. Usually, the underscores give a hint on how many letters there are in the answer...
During the 1-minute question duration, 3 players must get the question right in order for the next question to be queued. The timer will continue until it runs out if 3 players do not get the question right. The first player who answers the question right gets 3 points, the second player who answers the question right gets 2 points, and the third player who answers the question right gets 1 point. The final question has double-point values, which means the points are doubled for that question.
The right answer to the question must be spelled correctly in order for it to count (however that rule may vary). If the player gets the question wrong on the first try, he/she has a second chance to answer (called a safety net), but if the player doesn't get it right on the second try/safety net, that player is out and unable to earn points for that question. Players can edit their answer if they want to, but it will count as the second chance/safety net.
People who aren't participating CANNOT declare who has the right answer (that may give it away), and also CANNOT moderate the game (leave that to the host). If there is a mistake made during SFC Live Trivia, please let the host know. Once that round for SFC Live Trivia ends, the trivia channel will be closed.
After the round is over, we will tally up the scores. The final round score will go on our SFC Live Trivia leaderboard, which will be reset every time a game ends. The player in 1st place for that round gets 5 points added onto the leaderboard, the player in 2nd place for that round gets 4 points added onto the leaderboard, 3rd place player gets 3 points added onto the leaderboard, 4th place player gets 2 points, and 5th place player gets 1 point. The current leaderboard results will be posted on the SFC Live page in the SFC Live Trivia section. Each round for an SFC Live Trivia game will be played on Saturdays near the end of the gaming segment on SFC Live. Players can come back and earn additional points to be added on the leaderboard if they are qualified.
So that's all the rules. Please make sure you understand them before you start playing SFC Live Trivia. If you don't abide by these rules, you will not be able to play SFC Live Trivia until further notice.